Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tuesday, May 27th Training

Play:
2 hours of baseball fielding and pitching practice

Workout:
Z JM- ankle, knee and hip
then:
Ladder:
1h kb c+p @ 24kg 1/1, 2/2, 3/3, 4/4, 3/3, 2/2, 1/1
pullup 1,2,3,4,3,2,1
kb dl @ 32kg 1,2,3,4,3,2,1
ring dip 1,2,3,4,3,2,1
then:
3x1/1 bup getup @ 24kg
3x30sec each of left, front, right plank
then:
50x speed squat

notes: All work done by Steve. Last Friday I tweaked my back a touch. I think it was a combination of sleeping on a poor mattress (I woke and it felt a little sore in my lumbar region) followed by sitting for two hours in front of a computer (I read an article recently by Stuart McGill about how God-awful sitting truly is). I then bent down to tie my shoe and felt a twinge...nothing serious. I've been taking it easy since with ice, joint mobility and general movement. I felt good today with a light workout...back feels about 80%. I played it safe and declined a climbing trip up to Rocky Mountain National Park. It's a route I've wanted to do for some time but I have learned from past experiences not to push things when the back is involved. This restraint thing is a challenge, but one I am willing to accept.

No comments: